Minnesota Class A Master exam

MN-Guy

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Has anyone taken the MN class A master exam in the past couple of years? Mine is scheduled for the middle of March and I'm curious if anyone has any tips or pointers and areas I should really focus on in the next 2 months.

superdave02

Occupation
Electrical Consultant
I took and past it about two years ago. Feel free to email me dave@ECP480.com I remember it was like a reading comprehension test, a lot of reading for many questions. It was an old school exam, paper and a number 2 pencil.

MN-Guy

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I've read that's how the test will go, you have to be laser focused on exactly what they're asking. MN has a penchant for word games and deliberately trying to trip people up. I'm sure much like the JW test years ago but at a different level.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I've read that's how the test will go, you have to be laser focused on exactly what they're asking. MN has a penchant for word games and deliberately trying to trip people up. I'm sure much like the JW test years ago but at a different level.
The NABCEP pro exam is known for that sort of thing. For a single question there often is a half page of text but only a few points buried in all the red herrings are necessary for solving the problem.