Mistakes in Table 5 and Exam Prep book

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting ready to take my Master test and in going through the Exam Prep tapes and book I think I have discovered a few mistakes in the book and the code book as well. My question deals with page 158 the exam prep book where it lists 10 AWG THW as .0333 sq in. Table 5 lists THW twice on page 622, once on the first column second to last cell as 10 AWG .0243 sq in. and in the second column first cell it lists 10 AWG THW as .0333. Anyone know which is correct?
Furthermore I am guessing that in the left colum the blank spot below RHW is just a continuation of RHW, is that correct? And lastly, Is the section from TW, THHW, THW, THW-2 in the second cell from the bottom of column 1 assumed to be contiued on over into the next cell under it and then into the next column down to 2000 in the TW, THW, THHW, THW-2 RHH*, RHW*,RHW-2 section. My point is this table make it look like 8 AWG in column 2 (second cell) only applies to RHW*, RHW*, RHW-2*. There is a similar problem with 10 AWG right above this example. This has to be a mistake.

[ August 03, 2005, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: gumbyElvis ]

Re: Mistakes in Table 5 and Exam Prep book

It helps with this part "Table 5 lists THW twice on page 622, once on the first column second to last cell as 10 AWG .0243 sq in. and in the second column first cell it lists 10 AWG THW as .0333." But I am still in the dark about this part
"I am guessing that in the left colum the blank spot below RHW is just a continuation of RHW, is that correct? And lastly, Is the section from TW, THHW, THW, THW-2 in the second cell from the bottom of column 1 assumed to be contiued on over into the next cell under it and then into the next column down to 2000 in the TW, THW, THHW, THW-2 RHH*, RHW*,RHW-2 section. My point is this table make it look like 8 AWG in column 2 (second cell) only applies to RHW*, RHW*, RHW-2*." I am unclear why 8 AWG in the second column second cell down only applies to RHW*, RHW*, RHW-2*(it dosen't mention THHW for instance, yet it is below AWG 6 - 2000 kcm) Does this meam 8 AWG THHW doesn't have a listing for sq inches?

Status
Not open for further replies.