Mobile home feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceH

Planning an upcoming service upgrade but I haven't done many mobile homes and plan to ask the inspector a few questions first but he's tough to reach. 100 amp upgrade, I plan on using #4 copper(4 wire feed) per 310.15 B, I don't see any problems with this. The pedestal service is 200 amps, feeding 3 units from 2 panels, one panel houses a 90a feeder, the other panel houses a 50 and a 40. I don't see a problem installing a 100 amp breaker in place of the 40a existing. The calculated load is under 50 amps currently. The pedestal currently is ungrounded, I plan on sinking 2 rods at the pedestal and another rod at the mobile home and isolating the neutrals and grounds at the home. Of course I have to comply with the parks regulations and all but is there something I'm missing? I would like to pass inspection the first time but as I said the inspector does not make himself available for questions too often. Thanks for any help. I do not know the calculated load of the other 2 homes being fed from the same pedestal and I'm not sure I would be able to find out.

websparky

Re: Mobile home feeder

All 4 wires of the feeder must be insulated conductors. Service disconnect needs to be in sight of and within 30' of the mobile home.

Status
Not open for further replies.