Mobile home service feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

z-men

I'm installing a 100 amp feeder from a meter pedistal in a trailer park to a 14x80 mobile home.I wired one about five years ago.I installed from a 100 amp breaker from the meter pedistal disconect three #4 copper, two hots and a neutral and one #8 insulated green equipment ground. I was talking to an electrician at the supply house. He said to hard wire 100 amps to a mobil home.I have to use two #3 for the hots and one #3 for the neutral.and a #6 green insulated green for the epuipment ground.From what I read in the code book I can use #4 for the feeders and a #8 green insulated equipment ground.Am I right???????? thanks

gserve

Re: Mobile home service feeder

Ussally in my area we use URD 3 #2 & 1#4(Aluminum)in PVC. So if you use copper XHHX then 3 # 3's & 1 #6 would be used.

z-men

gserve What is URD, and why do use aluminum.Thhn/thhw is a lot easier to work with.Also with copper you can use smaller conduit and smaller fittings.

gserve

URD is direct burial 4 conductor cable 3 #2's & a #4. Every body uses it in my area they refer to it as "trailer wire". This also comes in a 3 wire(tri-plex) for feeders. The utility in my area also uses it for there service and secondary feeders in the mobile home park. The smaller conductor is used for the ground(4-wire) and neutral (3-wire)

mvannevel

Not sure where you are in Michigan. Here in Newaygo County, we allow #4 with the #8 ground. Some inspectors will make you follow the labeling on the mobile home which usually calls for #3 cu and #6 cu ground. This labeling usually is in the form of a sticker applied to either the door of the distribution panel or the inside of the door that covers the distribution panel. Best to check with the inspector and see what he will allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.