modular schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

eager2learn

quick question - i have a modular building that just got set on a concrete foundation at an elementary school - i have two 2" rigid sleeves that extend through the concrete that will be supplying power to the building - do those sleeves need to be raised above the slab and strapped down to strut or can i run them directly on the slabs themselves and strapprd them down with two hole straps. i feel that there is a possibility that they can be flooded beneath the modular itself but at the same time thats the only way we can feed the building. would liquid tight seal tight be a better application. the distance from thge outside of the foundation to the stubs for power beneath the building is a little over 10'

paul

Re: modular schools

I did something similar several years ago, except that I ran PVC and had it on strut. It was a huge office modular, and not a school, and my run was about 70 feet. There was no problem with it, but I did hit a service disconnect before my run, so they were fused conductors. You didn't state whether or not this run had OCP.

iwire

Staff member
Re: modular schools

Eager any of the ways you suggest will pass.

That said it is poor practice to secure conduits directly against cement that may be getting wet, the conduit will start to corrode where it touches the wet surface.

I use strut all the time, or you can get malleable steel 1 hole clips with a back spacer.

The back spacer keeps the conduit from touching the surface letting air circulate and preventing corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.