most interesting places you've taught

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman1110

I thought I'd say hello to everyone and pose a question....where was the most difficult place you've taught a class? Here's one of mine (space courtesy of the client for 12 people)

classroom.jpg

RICK NAPIER

The most difficult for me wasn't where but when. I taught a 10 hour update course for a phamaceutical company 2 hours a day for five consecutive days. The first week was for the night shift from 3:30 to 5:30pm and all went well. The second week was for the day shift and started at 6 to 8 am by the last day I had run out of material. I allow time for questions in my course design and at that time of the morning no one would ask any questions.

zog

Tough one, I have taught in auto plants, steel mills, NASA, Lockheed, oil rigs, etc.. all over the world. But the most interesting might be at the John Paul Getty museum in LA. Class was held in a room with a balcony that overlooked Kobe Bryants and Larry Flints houses. Some interesting things going on for distractions.

Held one at a beach front hotel in Florida, right outside the room there was a pool with a waterfall. SI was shooting a swimsuit issue with models in the waterfall, again, distractions galore.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Tough one, I have taught in auto plants, steel mills, NASA, Lockheed, oil rigs, etc.. all over the world. But the most interesting might be at the John Paul Getty museum in LA. Class was held in a room with a balcony that overlooked Kobe Bryants and Larry Flints houses. Some interesting things going on for distractions.

Held one at a beach front hotel in Florida, right outside the room there was a pool with a waterfall. SI was shooting a swimsuit issue with models in the waterfall, again, distractions galore.
Get out! Any proof other than photos will be unacceptable.

zog

Get out! Any proof other than photos will be unacceptable.

Sorry no photos, funny part was my class was mostly older european engineers and they were getting all excited, cracking me up. We cut out class early, garbbed some beers at the poolside bar and enjoyed the show. One Sweedish EE in his 50's joined the models in the hottub, they loved that guy.

ryan_618

My worst was the first seminar I ever taught. The subject was hazardous locations (8-hr.), so I was already pretty stressed. I was teaching at a college north of Salt Lake City, and figured that I would be in a classroom. Wrong. I was in the lecture arena, which has fixed seating for about 2,000 people. I was on the stage, and the screen was nearly as big as my house. Needless to say I was terrified, but it got better when there were only about 20 people that showed up!

zog

My worst was the first seminar I ever taught. The subject was hazardous locations (8-hr.), so I was already pretty stressed. I was teaching at a college north of Salt Lake City, and figured that I would be in a classroom. Wrong. I was in the lecture arena, which has fixed seating for about 2,000 people. I was on the stage, and the screen was nearly as big as my house. Needless to say I was terrified, but it got better when there were only about 20 people that showed up!

I always found the larger the audience the more relaxed I was, small groups made me nervous for some reason. I would rather present to 500 than 5.

fmtjfw

Tiny room

Tiny room

21 students, seated at 18" deep folding tables. Seating area about 18" deep. 3 rows. Front row tables against front wall. I had a 36" X 40" area to stand in. No ventilation.

After second session I convinced them to rent a 30' X 35' room. There we could breathe, walk around and bend conduit.

Did I mention they were all women, and the first location had a single toilet?

Status
Not open for further replies.