Motor Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

megawatt

I have almost completed a project where the entire concrete deck was replaced around an in groung pool. The trouble is with connecting the bonding wire to the pool pump motor. The ground lug on the existing pump motor is so coroded that it is unuseable.
Is there an approved / listed bonding strap that could be attached around the motor housing to complete the bonding ? Replacing the motor would not be a problem, but if there is anything out there to use, it would save the Customer some money. Thanks to all !

megawatt

Thanks to all who took the time to read this post, I personally had not seen anything to meet this need, but with the range of experience & locations found on this Forum, I thought there may be something I wasn't aware of.

stickboy1375

For what its worth, I always change out the lug from the get go, the factory lugs are junk, and around here pool pumps go inside for the winter, so I save the pool guy some grief and supply a decent lug, gives a better chance that the pool pump will be re-bonded next season. :)

megawatt

Due to the enviroment in the pool room, the Motor is very rusty. Lug was shot from the get go. Not a single bolt could be turned at all.
Due to the condition & age of the motor I was ready to suggest it be replaced, but the "Pool Guy" said He had something to bond it with ? Can't wait to see what it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.