Motor Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Am I looking at this right?

Motor HP 22.8 per schedule
Per 430.250 I use 25 HP and it says 74.8 amps. Multiply that by 125% and it gives me 93.5 amps.

Schedule is calling for #2's but #3's would actually be ok??? Figuring what they show but I'm curious.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    391.9 KB · Views: 9

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
But it is only rated at 85A using the 60 degree column while the #2s would be 95A. If the terminals aren't marked otherwise, that is the column you would have to use per 110.14(C).
Oh, I do believe recalling that anything rated 100A or less you must use 60 degree column.

So that brings me to my other question. Panel terminal are most definite rate 75 degree so that leave the motor terminals. I guess I could check the unit cut sheet online or call them. Imagine it has to be listed somewhere.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Oh, I do believe recalling that anything rated 100A or less you must use 60 degree column.

So that brings me to my other question. Panel terminal are most definite rate 75 degree so that leave the motor terminals. I guess I could check the unit cut sheet online or call them. Imagine it has to be listed somewhere.
Only if not marked otherwise. Most equipment that you would be able to purchase for this application will be marked for 75°C.
The rule in 110.14(C)(1)(a)(4) says most motors are permitted to use 75°C conductors.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

For any modern commercial equipment you can forget about the possibility of a 60° C terminal.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I understand you bid what's shown but you could try and submit showing # 3 and see of the engineer approves correct? but then you face credit situation.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I understand you bid what's shown but you could try and submit showing # 3 and see of the engineer approves correct? but then you face credit situation.
We would bid #2 and pull #3. Most of the time no one will notice and the job is still code compliant. Even give backs are profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.