Motor/hvac disconnect label

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one area I work they require a disconnect for the indoor unit of a mini split. Let's not get into that debate, it's not the question here. So on one of those jobs, I got cited for not having a label that gives the location of the disconnect for the other parts of the system (or something like that). Anyone know what code section that might have been? Something in 430 but I can't find it and can no longer pull up the notes for that previous inspection. have an inspection coming up in the same area, want to make sure my bases are covered.

kwired

Electron manager
I don't think there will be any such requirement in NEC.

I could see general LOTO rules wanting to disconnect other potential sources of energy -pressure in the refrigeration lines?? But reality with this sort of thing is you have to bleed the system down to get rid of all pressure, shutting compressor off only allows it to equalize within the system but is still pressure within the closed system vs what is outside the system.

D

Dell3c

I thought this interesting question.. Not knowing your pending equipment, would your Code Enforcement Officer be quoting from Chapter 4, Article 430, Section 102, Exception #3 (2) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.