Motor Protection Relay Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMX1

Occupation
Sales
Hey All,

I'm hoping someone can help me... I have been trying to locate a GE Multilin 369 Motor Protection Relay, Specific model: HI-R-O-O-E-O-E

Does anyone have a source? I cannot find this model for the life of me and I need (2) NIB.

Thanks in advance

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Hey All,

I'm hoping someone can help me... I have been trying to locate a GE Multilin 369 Motor Protection Relay, Specific model: HI-R-O-O-E-O-E

Does anyone have a source? I cannot find this model for the life of me and I need (2) NIB.

Thanks in advance
Are you in the electrical field?
What is your occupation?

paulengr

Hey All,

Thanks in advance

What are you trying to do? I’ve got a couple spare 369s. Is there something wrong with existing? There are a couple recalls on these things and I’ve done several warranty upgrades. Second why not upgrade to something more reliable? The manufacturing quality on those is awful. Do you need the enhanced display? That’s what is making it tough to find. Also what pray tell is NIB? I looked through the manual. I work on medium voltage starters all the time, all brands, and I’ve never heard of that acronym.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
GE obsoleted the 369 relays a couple of years ago. I believe they are still available for purchase as replacements, but expect to pay through the nose. They fired all of their representatives about 5 years ago or so, but you can buy most* GE products through Gexpro Distributors.

*The concept of "GE" being a single company is now no longer valid, GE Corp has been selling off the "meatball" logo to other companies for years, many of which have been changing their marketing strategies. But the GE Protection and Control Division is one of the few that are still owned by GE proper, they just changed the name to GE Grid Solutions.

Last edited:

ATSman

ATSman
Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Electrical Testing & Controls
GE obsoleted the 369 relays a couple of years ago. I believe they are still available for purchase as replacements, but expect to pay through the nose. They fired all of their representatives about 5 years ago or so, but you can buy most* GE products through Gexpro Distributors.

*The concept of "GE" being a single company is now no longer valid, GE Corp has been selling off the "meatball" logo to other companies for years, many of which have been changing their marketing strategies. But the GE Protection and Control Division is one of the few that are still owned by GE proper, they just changed the name to GE Grid Solutions.
According to this site it is a joint venture between GE Digital Energy and Alstom Grid and the name changed to GE Grid Solutions

https://www.tdworld.com/smart-utili...formed-from-ge-digital-energy-and-alstom-grid

This division of GE is separate from GE Industrial Systems (GEIS) which was purchased by ABB, the Swiss company.
The GE Zenith Controls (transfer switches) of whom I am an Authorized Service Station (ASS) for is under this group and now called ABB Zenith Controls.
I am usually greeted onsite with "Oh, here comes that GE Zenith ASS!"

paulengr

Mine are in boxes just definitely not new.

I’d highly suggest upgrading to SEL 749Ms if you don’t need RTDs, or 710 if you do. 710-5 is an upgrade to the 469s for synchronous motors. And if you need to spend money like a drunken GE fan boy get the 710-5 with the graphical display. If you want something less over the top complicated the Motortronics RX or the Startco stuff is pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.