Motor rtd temps at full load current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitt123

A motor has stator rtd's and and the motor says they should alarm at 135deg C and trip at 140deg C Motor is rated for 85deg c temp rise at 40deg ambient.

If motor is operating in ambient and operating at full load should the rtd's hit the alarm or trip setpoints under normal conditions?

Seeing a 85deg rise I would think under normal conditions the motor would operate at full load at 125deg C based on rated rise, and there would be a 10deg allowance for hot spots. Is this correct.

Running at full load under ambient conditions what are the max values on rtd's that I should see? 125deg C?

A motor has stator rtd's and and the motor says they should alarm at 135deg C and trip at 140deg C Motor is rated for 85deg c temp rise at 40deg ambient.

If motor is operating in ambient and operating at full load should the rtd's hit the alarm or trip setpoints under normal conditions?

Seeing a 85deg rise I would think under normal conditions the motor would operate at full load at 125deg C based on rated rise, and there would be a 10deg allowance for hot spots. Is this correct.

Running at full load under ambient conditions what are the max values on rtd's that I should see? 125deg C?

Depending on the motor design what the actual values will be, normaly the RTD's under full load should not even get close to the insulation max. allowable temperature rise. The push for higher and higher efficiencies result in seeing higher teperatures in general. Only the manufacturer can give you this data.

Status
Not open for further replies.