Motorola Photon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strife

I've dropped my last smart phone 4 times in last 2 years and every time the screen shattered.
As I'm gearing up for a new phone the motorola photon is very attractive to me as they tout a shatter proof screen. I checked it in a store and I like everything about it (except the price, but that's a different story), but obviously they won't let me test the "shatter proof screen" in the stores.
So my question as a construction fellow to another: anyone has this phone and can vouch to its durability? I wouldn't mind the 200 dollars tag if it means I can drop it a few times and not have to get another one.
I've done some research and most reviews are on performance, etc, etc, but none on the durability of the phone:-(

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
I can't comment on the Photon but you may want to check out http://wireless.amazon.com/. If you are eligible for an upgrade you can do it through them and it's usually a lot cheaper then through your carrier. I upgraded from a Verizon Motorola Droid to a Samsung Charge through Amazon a few months ago. The upgrade price was almost $300 through Verizon and I got it for about $160 through Amazon. Once I got it I activated it through Verizon just like every other phone I had purchased directly from Verizon. Amazon has a Motorola Photon upgrade for Sprint right now for $139 assuming it's an individual account vs. a family account.

highvolts582

I've dropped my last smart phone 4 times in last 2 years and every time the screen shattered.
As I'm gearing up for a new phone the motorola photon is very attractive to me as they tout a shatter proof screen. I checked it in a store and I like everything about it (except the price, but that's a different story), but obviously they won't let me test the "shatter proof screen" in the stores.
So my question as a construction fellow to another: anyone has this phone and can vouch to its durability? I wouldn't mind the 200 dollars tag if it means I can drop it a few times and not have to get another one.
I've done some research and most reviews are on performance, etc, etc, but none on the durability of the phone:-(

I have an I phone 4 I am a working contractor I beat the living crap out of all my phones they never last until I got this one I still beat the living crap out of but I have a ballistic case. this phone is made of glass the case looks beat up but when i take the phone out it is still brand new I repeat make sure there is a ballistic case they may or may not have it where you are buying your phone so check the site. http://www.goballisticcase.com/ They do not have the photon but check what they do have and maybe you will rethink your options. Remember I have a glass phone I bring this in attics it is my flash light I drop it all the time phone is perfect. over a year old its a record for me. Do not settle for any other case. it fits in a molded case 2 pieces then a rubber goes around that and the screen cover is some special stuff. my screen looks cracked and beat up but inside its flawless. I am going to buy an ipad 2 and im going to get a ballistic for that screen protector is old separate for ipad.

Status
Not open for further replies.