Motors & Control Wiring Pointer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Re: Motors & Control Wiring Pointer?

Motors and their associated control wiring are one of the most common applications of 300.3(C)(1). That section also refers you to the appropriate Art 725 sections if the control power supply is Class 2 or 3.

brannen

I'm taking the Special license exam Low Voltage this Saturday in North Carolina and I have the, "Scope of Subject Matter for Electrical Contracting License Examinations".

For MOTORS AND CONTROL WIRING, the only two parts of it which pertain to the SP-LV restriction are, "General Information" and "Separation of Conductors".

This is 7 out of 50 questions, so it's one of the larger sections. I'm just trying to figure out where the Separation of Conductors figures in.

Thanks.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer

I recommend close review of 725.55 (all Sections). Recognize that the Sections following 725.55(A) are exceptions to the "General" rule.

john m. caloggero

Motor control conductors are usually classified as Class 1 circuits. 2005 NEC, Section 725.26(B)(1) allows the control circuit conductors and the motor circuit conductors and associated equipment to be installed in the same raceway or cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.