Moving circuits to sub panel with two way Gen/Utility transfer Generac box

Status
Not open for further replies.

etp

OK, Have most of the stuff installed except actually moving the 15/20 amp 110 breakers in the main panel to the new sub panel. Both panels are QO and I went ahead and bought the snap on neutral bar 100 amp 24 circuit QO panel for my sub.

Several questions on pig tailing the wires in the main panel:

Grounding conductors: any limit on how many I can group together and use one wire to extend to the new sub panel? Why can't I just connect the two grounding bars? Both panels are metal nippled together. Preferred method for pig tailing?

The new sub has no grounding bar! I added one! I

I assume just extend the grounded and ungrounded conductors to the new panel.

Equipment is a Generac 100 amp transfer switch panel (no additional breakers spots), 30 amp 4 prong generator receptacle, QO 100amp sub panel, QO 200 amp main panel

Last edited:

etp

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
OK, Have most of the stuff installed except actually moving the 15/20 amp 110 breakers in the main panel to the new sub panel. Both panels are QO and I went ahead and bought the snap on neutral bar 100 amp 24 circuit QO panel for my sub.

Several questions on pig tailing the wires in the main panel:

Grounding conductors: any limit on how many I can group together and use one wire to extend to the new sub panel? Why can't I just connect the two grounding bars? Both panels are metal nippled together. Preferred method for pig tailing?

The new sub has no grounding bar! I added one! I

I assume just extend the grounded and ungrounded conductors to the new panel.

Equipment is a Generac 100 amp transfer switch panel (no additional breakers spots), 30 amp 4 prong generator receptacle, QO 100amp sub panel, QO 200 amp main panel
Metal nipples are sufficient method of equipment grounding. Nothing prohibits you from running an actual conductor - only one would be necessary and needs to be sized per the largest overcurrent protective device which is probably your feeder breaker supplying second panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.