Moving into Mechanical

mspicka

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I am currently working at the new Amazon build in N. Colorado and am now going to be working on what the company calls "Mechanical". Which means, air handlers, RTU, heat pumps, and some others I can't think of right now. I have not dont any work like on this scale before and want to do some learning.

Any suggestions? Are there any books available that you can suggest?

Thank you,
Matt

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
Go to goodwill. Get some books. Or search. The key words are industrial electrical, mechanical engineering basics and production engineering.
Also, a great tool is in the A sheets and the mechanical sheets on any food production prints.
I challenge you to download or request a old set of existing prints from a industrial or food production set of prints. And study it.
That way the first day on the job you are already familiar with the boss giving you prints to do.
Return with questions on the prints.
Good luck.

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
Edit...
The nexus of the point is, on prints- learn what they have designed, in that is your answers...
Maybe someone here would be gracious enough to send you the M section pdf they may have- i do not. Learn how to navagate prints and the details, and how to tell if they are the most recently revised prints.. Aka delta.

mspicka

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Edit...
The nexus of the point is, on prints- learn what they have designed, in that is your answers...
Maybe someone here would be gracious enough to send you the M section pdf they may have- i do not. Learn how to navagate prints and the details, and how to tell if they are the most recently revised prints.. Aka delta.
I have access to the prints, I start working on that tomorrow. I mostly just wanted something a Mike Holt book.