Moving out of State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was thinking of moving from Massachusetts to California and wanted to know if my hours in the field would still count. I have roughly 3500 in MA, would I have to start all over again in California? Who do I even talk to about this?

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Hello,

I was thinking of moving from Massachusetts to California and wanted to know if my hours in the field would still count. I have roughly 3500 in MA, would I have to start all over again in California? Who do I even talk to about this?

heres a link that will help you..http://www.mikeholt.com/statelicense.php#CA

Call them and make sure all your work hours count and make sure you have all the master electricians that you worked for sign for your hours and make sure that you have the Board of state Examiners of Electricians Certify all your work hours. I will look for that link and post it for you.

Make sure you have all your hours and school hour's docs certfied ant that both state except them. good luck:grin:

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Hello,

heres a link that will help you..http://www.mikeholt.com/statelicense.php#CA

Call them and make sure all your work hours count and make sure you have all the master electricians that you worked for sign for your hours and make sure that you have the Board of state Examiners of Electricians Certify all your work hours. I will look for that link and post it for you.

Make sure you have all your hours and school hour's docs certfied ant that both state except them. good luck:grin:

Here is that link and welcome to the forum.http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocasubt...d+of+State+Examiners+of+Electricians&sid=Eoca

wireguy8169

I just had this problem coming to Maine from PA, the biggest problem was all the places I worked had no real liscensing. Luckily my apprenticship was "Nationally Recognized" or else I would have had even a tougher time. Just make sure before you leave you get all the documentation you can, as Leo stated get all the guys you worked for to sign off if you can or as many as you can and get letters from the companies you have worked for before you leave.
Have them include your job title (apprentice or whatever), a description of work performed (doesnt have to be detailed but more the better), how long you worked for them, and that should cover you pretty good. As for you length of service that is the one that helped me with my hearing here in Maine, they figured just from the one company I had 12000 hours with out overtime, so I won my appeal just had to take the code update course. Oh, and when you do an application for a card or liscense include all your certificates for all the things you have done even if you think it does not ask for it.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.