MSNBC undercover "HomeWreckers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
According to this episode of MSNBC undercover, called "HomeWreckers", my State Licensing Board (CSLB) and enforcement (SWIFT) can't shut down unlicensed scam artists!

This hour long episode was a revaluation.
My State is a minority among 19 others that conduct sting operations to arrest dope-smoking felons & registered sex offenders, operating with suspended or no contracting license at all, well above the $500 legal limits.

They hand-cuffed, scarred em, and walked them off the sting project, but fleeced consumers have no power to recover damages. The crooks on this episode, all operating as General Contractors (GC), failed to appear at licensing board "civil" hearings, and moved on to exploit many others.

One GC on this Homewrekers episode denied responsibly for energizing the plumbing with a dedicated 20A circuit, which created an exposed 120vac metal drains in shower & bath.

My State licensing board enforcement has no subpoena, criminal, or incarceration authority for repeat offenders. No remedy for owners charged twice for stolen material, or leans against their property by unpaid suppliers.

The moral of this story is don't pay these thugs up front more than required by law. Keeping possession of most payment until work is complete, and purchasing material in owners name, seems the only protection consumers have.

CSLB is the same agency that appears to rip-off legitimate applicants like me, by demanding I forfeit a non-refundable U$D 250, before determining if JW experience may be disqualified or inadequate. See how this works in my attached 2008 letter to CSLB, which was never answered or addressed.

Last edited:

jrannis

It seems like they should accept your JW card and apprinticeship records.
Something you are not telling us?
Sounds like $250 is a cost of doing business, less than dinner and a movie anyway. :D
If you have the required experience, why wouldn't they issue a C10?
Make a good case for it here and maybe your letter would get faxed to the board from all over the country;)

Status
Not open for further replies.