Muli-disconect service conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavie

Single family dwelling unit. 325 amp continues meter can. Double lugs load side of meter. 6 feet to One 200 amp disconect feeding main panel. One 125 amp disconect feeding 125 amp ATS to 125 amp panel. 3/0 thhn CU to 200 amp disc. My superintendant tells me the local inspector want's 3/0 to the 125 amp disconect also?? Anybody know why?? He also told me that he once ran rx thru one panel to a second panel and was required to put a splice in the first panel???? any Ideas??

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Bump, needs some opinions on this.
I'm with augie. The conductors to the 125 amp main only have to sized for 125 amp. They are service conductors and to be sized for the breaker. Not sure I understand the "rx" part of the question. do you mean a NM cable through 1 panel to the other? No need to cut it and splice it for no good reason if I understand correctly.

Last edited:

Cavie

I'm with augie. The conductors to the 125 amp main only have to sized for 125 amp. They are service conductors and to be sized for the breaker. Not sure I understand the "rx" part of the question. do you mean a NM cable through 1 panel to the other? No need to cut it and splice it for no good reason if I understand correctly.
yep, that's the way it was told to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.