Multi-dwelling home

Status
Not open for further replies.

76nemo

Multi-dwelling, no groundings. Bond panel to panel, and last panel tied to H2O line and two ground rods???? I want to bond the grounding bus and connect to two different rods plus the water line. O.K., or not O.K.? Do I need to run three different lines to the GEC???? No grounding what so ever, I'll get a pic.

Have a take on this? Have a code quote for this app.????

76nemo

There is no grounding there, just the neutral from the can. I couldn't believe my eyes, been that way for YEARS!!!!!
There's two rods there, and the H2O line, the panels aren't connected to either of them!!!

Have to run, I'll check back later........

EDIT: To add.

76nemo

georgestolz said:
Can you describe in more detail?

Where is the service disconnect(s)?

Sorry for the late response George, very short on time. The house, which is now a single dwelling has two different services, neither one grounded. There are two ground rods outside, neither of them used:rolleyes:
When I initially looked at it, a grounding line was run to the water line, upon further inspection, I noticed the grounding is for the telephone service:cool:

I will run two lines, both to the rods and for further measure, would like to bond to the H2O service. One of these ancient CH fuse panels only has the one extra grounding lug. I was wondering of the best way to bond to the H2O service in others opinions. Take it off the one extra lug, or from the rods back into the H2O line?

I can hear it now. "Run them to the rods, and be done with it". Well for 15 minutes extra of work and already having plenty of #6, why not bond??? The rods are only 8" apart:rolleyes:

Next question. Anyone know of a way to figure out just how old these fuse panels are? One has a UL SE form number and a CH publication number on it. You should see thee old meter cases that were originally installed. I will get pics by Friday so everyone can see. The panel instructions say to wrap the conductors counter-clockwise half way around the screw terminal for proper termination:cool: I'd love to know just how old these are!

Status
Not open for further replies.