Multi-position meter adapter

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
My workmate claims that Milbank or some manufacturer makes a multi-position adapter for a single meter socket. Two meters plug into a Y, then into the single meter opening, put the lock ring back on. I have never heard of/seen one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have seen cans though.
Milbank multi-position meter sockets.

My workmate claims that Milbank or some manufacturer makes a multi-position adapter for a single meter socket. Two meters plug into a Y, then into the single meter opening, put the lock ring back on. I have never heard of/seen one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have seen cans though.
Milbank multi-position meter sockets.
How do you connect to the additional set of load side conductors? 🤔

kwired

Electron manager
I could maybe see this being something intended for splitting the consumption meter from the production meter in PV applications, would about need to have some sort of separate entry for the production conductors though. Guess same thing would work for metering with two different rates or similar application as well.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
He said they used it for R&D at the last facility we had.

@electrofelon I’m guessing that the top jaws fed one meter, then load to feed (somehow) on the second, then out to the actual load.

We have a project in Canada where something like this would be an excellent alternative to swapping out cans.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
@kwired

Workmate was part of testing smart meters in CenterPoint area of ERCOT. They put the SM in one socket and regular in the other.