Multiple Ckt Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Just curious how others would estimate/wire this? MC cable job and separate neutrals required. In my mind these are the practical options. Multiple neutral MC cable. Maybe use a cable w/ 2 neutral and run 3 separate for the 6 circuits.
A 1” or 1-1/4” FMC and pull all needed wired through. Box fill might be an issue( even id passing though??)
A separate 12/2 for each circuit?
Thanks.

Attachments

• photo22146.jpg
    photo22146.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Just curious how others would estimate/wire this? MC cable job and separate neutrals required. In my mind these are the practical options. Multiple neutral MC cable. Maybe use a cable w/ 2 neutral and run 3 separate for the 6 circuits.
A 1” or 1-1/4” FMC and pull all needed wired through. Box fill might be an issue( even id passing though??)
A separate 12/2 for each circuit?
Thanks.

Since those receptacles are so close together I would look into a 6 conductor cable with separate neutrals.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That's still a lot of cable stripping and splicing within each box. As close as they look, EMT nipples between boxes would allow individual wires.

Perhaps EMT home runs, too. That's why we often need to see the "big picture" to answer these questions, as shown by the OP's given options.

cdslotz

If this situation was repetitive many times, I would consider multi-circuit MC, but I would estimate conduit/wire and if I get the job I might look at those options.
Never, ever FMC as a home run.
Finish the estimate...

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
If this situation was repetitive many times, I would consider multi-circuit MC, but I would estimate conduit/wire and if I get the job I might look at those options.
Never, ever FMC as a home run.
Finish the estimate...

Who said FMC as home run? I was talking between the receptacles ...same scenario as the EMT between them. Don't worry about me finishing estimate...:D

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
How about setting a j-box close to the receptacles and then just single circuit MC from the j-box to each receptacle?

So you mean maybe above in the clg. have a home run box....bring the 6 circuits from panel to box in one pipe and then drop down to each receptacle with single ckt MC. That would work.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
So you mean maybe above in the clg. have a home run box....bring the 6 circuits from panel to box in one pipe and then drop down to each receptacle with single ckt MC. That would work.

That is how I would do it but you did say in the OP that this is an MC cable job.

Status
Not open for further replies.