Multiple occupancy sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My question is probably very simple bit I am confused. I am reading my prints and have 3 lighting circuits for the entire building. Mostly off of wall mount occupancy sensors. Simple enough. Some are 0-10v dimmable, and some not. My confusion is here: for example cct 8. It powers half the buildings lighting. But within that cct there are different areas (8a, 8b) off of different occupancy sensors. I dont understand what is making these two rooms different from one another or how they would be wired differently. Are they arbitrary #'s?

Similarily, I have a bank of 3 switches. They control an area, but different lights. They are all cct 6, but 6a, 6b, and 6c. Obviously they need separate switch legs, but is there anything else that I am missing.

MattS87

Hi,

My question is probably very simple bit I am confused. I am reading my prints and have 3 lighting circuits for the entire building. Mostly off of wall mount occupancy sensors. Simple enough. Some are 0-10v dimmable, and some not. My confusion is here: for example cct 8. It powers half the buildings lighting. But within that cct there are different areas (8a, 8b) off of different occupancy sensors. I dont understand what is making these two rooms different from one another or how they would be wired differently. Are they arbitrary #'s?

Similarily, I have a bank of 3 switches. They control an area, but different lights. They are all cct 6, but 6a, 6b, and 6c. Obviously they need separate switch legs, but is there anything else that I am missing.

Others might have better input on this but what it sounds like is ckt # is line side of your switches and the a,b,c portion is load side. So ckt 8 feeds two occupancy sensors and their outputs are 8A and 8B. This way you can see all lights controlled by each switch

Status
Not open for further replies.