Multiwire Branch Circuit Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwalker

Re: Multiwire Branch Circuit Tap

Roger it is the un knowing unskilled that that open the neutrals in multi circuits.If it happens by contractors we have some one to foot the bill.I am not saying that this won't happen to one of my men.My point is the lack of insurance.The skill level happens licensed or not.
In residential i try to avoid multi circuits in commercial this would be hard to do

[ July 20, 2004, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: jimwalker ]

pierre

I have been using that tester since it has been available, it is a Fluke and also reads amperage up to 100 amps. It is very durable.

Pierre

[ July 20, 2004, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: pierre ]

iwire

Staff member

It is a Fluke T5-1000 @ about $100.

AC/DC Volts to 1000

Resistance / Continuity

AC current to 100 Amps.

I am very happy with it.

[ July 20, 2004, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: iwire ]

jimwalker

thanks Bob will check it out
company i am with prefers i can check up to 600 amps

[ July 20, 2004, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: jimwalker ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Jim, I agree that it is the unknowing, or unskilled that would be the parties most likely to make this mistake, but they should never be allowed to work on something that could possibly be hot.

In any case, this is still no reason to abandon or shy away from the most efficient wiring method as far as both legs of single phase to grounded conductor, both legs of a center tapped delta to grounded conductor, or multiple phases to grounded conductor of a three phase wye.

Roger

[ July 20, 2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: roger ]

jimwalker

I try my best to get the point across that a neutral being shared needs a good connection but then i am an still stuck with a man that refuses to re identify ungrounded conductors when used as switch legs and he is a 20 year man.Company rules say i can't kill him

[ July 20, 2004, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: jimwalker ]

Status
Not open for further replies.