MV bus to cable transition (Tapbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

philly

I'm looking for any ideas or standard approaches for transition medium voltage Non-Seg bus to cable.

The application I am looking at is replacing a 13.8kV Switchgear lineup in with the right most section of the gear sits up against an exterior wall with the existing conduits and cable associated with that section sitting right on the other side of that wall. This section in question is a tie section and its hard to tell what they did with the existing gear but it appears that have some sort of bus piece coming out the side of gear going through the wall and then into a large tap box mounted on outside of wall where I'm assuming they transitioned into UG PVC conduit (Can see PV conduit stubbing up into box)

The existing cable will remain so I need to come up with a solution to get a feed out from out new gear out the wall and into this existing box to terminate to these existing cables. Because of limited space above the gear top entry cable/conduit may not be practical. I was thinking of something like a non-seg bus leaving the top of the gear going through the wall into the tab box and then having something on the end of that small bus run to transition to cable.

Does such an application exist or does anyone have any other ideas?

NewtonLaw

You have a problem with fabrication of these types of projects in that they must meet SCCR safety requirements, etc. I did have an opportunity to work with a company in Warminster, PA 18974. DVM Power +Control . They fabricated new 480 volt bus work and completed a redesign to allow for a main CB followed by an immediate tap CB. They did a great job and I recommend them.

Delaware Valley Manufacturing - OEM Switchgear, PLC Automation (dvmpower.net)

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.