MV Cable Termination Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckylerado

I have not done much MV termination. I am looking for input from the MV folks here on the proper way to bond the MV terminations. Photo below. I generally see these bonded back to the GB in the gear individually. This installer has bonded each phase together and then back to a bonding lug on the raceway which is then bonded back to the GB. Is this compliant? Not finding what I am looking for in NEC. MFG instructions show individual EGC for each termination but only when ran through a CT. Thanks for you input and code references would be helpful if this is in violation.

20220315_070221.jpg

20220315_070158.jpg

bwat

EE
Occupation
EE
I have not done much MV termination. I am looking for input from the MV folks here on the proper way to bond the MV terminations. Photo below. I generally see these bonded back to the GB in the gear individually. This installer has bonded each phase together and then back to a bonding lug on the raceway which is then bonded back to the GB. Is this compliant? Not finding what I am looking for in NEC. MFG instructions show individual EGC for each termination but only when ran through a CT. Thanks for you input and code references would be helpful if this is in violation.

What's GB here? Ground Bus?

Is the equipment shown connected to the EGC? I see a green wire disappearing off into the void...... If that bonds to that equipment, then everything looks fine to me (disclaimer, I don't do much MV). Does seem like you may have some listing violations with the conductor combinations put under the split bolt and the lugs. Only other potential thing I can think of which I am not sure about, is grounding of the cable Shields. You obviously want to do that and you can see it's done on this end, but if I remember correctly there is some design that goes into bonding at one end or both ends which may affect management of shield currents. Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge in the area can comment more on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.