mwbc on fluorescent lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole weaver

Ive never used mwbc. Never trained that way. So im wondering if its to code and practicle to run 2 t8 bc with 15amp each on a shared neutral? 3 phase 120v. Thanks in advance!

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Yes, I consider that industry standard and do it all the time. If your under the 08 you need to take 210.4(B) and (D) into consideration.

Welcome to the Forum.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Totally up to you.

I did an 1100' long dairy barn using MWBC's because of the wire savings as well as it helped with voltage drop.

Ask yourself, what'll happen if the breaker trips? Is everyone going to be in the dark now because you tripped TWO circuits instead of just one? Or is that even an issue? MWBC's are almost nonexistant with new installs are shop does with the recent code rules.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Totally up to you.

I did an 1100' long dairy barn using MWBC's because of the wire savings as well as it helped with voltage drop.

Ask yourself, what'll happen if the breaker trips? Is everyone going to be in the dark now because you tripped TWO circuits instead of just one? Or is that even an issue? MWBC's are almost nonexistant with new installs are shop does with the recent code rules.

Handle ties, lets one breaker trip without disrupting the others. In 3? bolt in situations, breaker, $100, handle tie, $4.50.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Didn't figure Square D had handle ties for their EGB style breakers, but I honestly didn't ask.

Heck, my supplier tells me they don't even make quads for their QO line which is BS....:roll: Just another reason I prefer Siemens.

cole weaver

Not a dwelling. Its a 100' x 75 metal garage workshop. Siemens panel. Thanks again for responses! Just looking to see cost savings mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.