My christmas present

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I got my copy of mike holts 2020 NEC changes book on christmas eve. A brief glance shows a lot of signifiant changes, and it seems like the code is getting easier to understand. I instructed code classes starting with the 96 code, every code cycle i would say there are more GFCI applications, now it easier to say whats not required to be GFCI.
I wonder how the homeowner DIYers find out the code requirements for wiring a new house?
Anyway merry christmas and a "happy" code year.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Home Owners and DIYers don't care about code requirements. They are happy if the lights go On/Off with switches. So am I, but that's not an NEC requirement.

I preordred code books and they still haven't arrived. This will be a "happy" code year. It is my last purchase of the NEC.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Home Owners and DIYers don't care about code requirements. They are happy if the lights go On/Off with switches. So am I, but that's not an NEC requirement.

I preordred code books and they still haven't arrived. This will be a "happy" code year. It is my last purchase of the NEC.

Retiring??
if so congratulations!!
you’ll get at least one more after retirement...;)

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
If wiring a new house as Tom mentions, HO's and DIYers will have to do some research. The 2017 was the last NEC I will buy. I am keeping my license active until 2022 but I am not buying the 2020.

Roger

kwired

Electron manager
Most DIY find out about codes after an inspector gives then correction notices, whether it be electrical, plumbing or building code.

Status
Not open for further replies.