NC - State will require electronic breakers all through houses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Parrish

Was that todays paper ?
My customers it seems. Just don't belive the price of material.
Some houses I do haave 35 breakers that will need to be afci.
That adds $1200 to my cost. Not counting some different wiring methods used.

SmithBuilt

Yep that's today's paper.

I'm not necessarily for it. But I feel if we are looking at it from a business standpoint it can make us money. Not just any hack(most board members excluded) will be able to troubleshoot problems. We can also mark up the increased cost of materials.

cadpoint

The AP wire service picked it up, I read it in another newspaper, I just linked the local statement ~ which was worded a little different. :)

It's no Hack to put one in, but keeping these things up and running right the first time, no, it's just work!

I'm warming to the thought of the total over-all safety aspect that this one device provides. I'm even more glad of the responsible way the State has applied this one device, but not forgetting the Local AHJ.
Why wouldn't the owner, your neighbors, the AHJ, the insurance provider, the bank, not be concerned?

Plenty of others trades have long have their own fluff devices that make money for them. While the Home Owner gets to say what they will pay for and put into this structure, isn't it not a good thing to have the latest and greatest protection for all those things?

Contractors fought of the requirement of sprinklers in new residential construction, but the State changed it own building requirements for their own facilities.

The GC?s is just sad cause they can?t GC something!

brian john

Question is did the Gov. do it because she understands the need for the added protection offered by AFCI's or did she just receive a donation from NEMA or Hubble?

newinspector1

Question is did the Gov. do it because she understands the need for the added protection offered by AFCI's or did she just receive a donation from NEMA or Hubble?

Probably recieved a donation. I can't imagine the Gov. knowing much about electrical, but then again it could just be that my opinion is biased based on my opinion of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.