NEC 2008 & 2011 cost increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDH1234

Can anyone point me in the right direction for published cost increases attributed to the NEC 2008 and 2011 code changes?

kwired

Electron manager
Are you asking how much difference in cost there may be in an installation that meets 2008 NEC Vs same installation with 2011 NEC as the standard?

If so I think there will be a more noticeable change in cost in the residential area but for non residential there may be some cases where there is little or no change at all.

gndrod

Published costs

Published costs

Can anyone point me in the right direction for published cost increases attributed to the NEC 2008 and 2011 code changes?

That is a loaded question. Reason, publishing costs of printing the book does not include the writing and editing costs for upgrading the manuscript for the total publication cost. To point someone in the right direction might be to get the costs from the printer and they might add the shipping costs also.

I doubt there will be an easy answer availability unless the NFPA would be congenial enough to divulge their costs to anyone's inquiry. I believe their accounting department would be the final answer. My answer is based on electrical books I publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.