Nec 2014 Article 690.13(C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I understand 2017 says something different and 2020 would say something different about PV system disconnect however AHJ where this project is at enforces NEC 2014 and they refuse to take 2017 or would be 2020 into account about following:

Nec 2014 690.13(C) says each PV system disconnecting means shall not be required to be suitable as service equipment.

I have the following questions:

1. Shall not is mandatory not be required to be suitable as service equipment AC PV system. Does this mean no neutral to ground bond in the AC PV system disconnect connected supply side of main building service disconnect since its not service equipment based on the terminology? If not then how does NEC 2014 Article 690 treat AC PV system disconnect with neutral to ground bonding?

2. If no neutral to ground bonding at the AC PV system disconnect connected from supply side of main building service disconnect then wherever in NEC 2014 it says you can get bonding jumper from main building service disconnect ground bus to the PV system AC disconnect?

3. How does grounding and bonding of AC PV system disconnect connected from supply side of buliding main service disconnect be treated based on NEC 2014 Article 690?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.