NEC 230.7; Using meter socket as a raceway? Clarification needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPB_

New User
Occupation
GC/Consulting
Good evening, hope everyone is staying busy.
I am currently working on a proposal for updating a garage installed load center and installing an exterior generator backup panel. Only four circuits on the generator panel, nothing crazy.

Homeowner has a location in which they would prefer the generator panel installed for aesthetics, future landscaping (i.e. not being blocked by landscaping) and for allowance of the fiberoptics company to install their equipment. The layout/location of load center in relation to the meter, a window, telecom, and two service runs (one to an out building/shop and one to the A/C unit) is making things a bit tricky. They would prefer not to have a bunch of conduit/LFNC-B running all over the place either.

Below (picture one) is the exterior of the building with their suggested location of the gen panel (blue scribbles).
y4mOHYA2cgh0jFs9V-PXuY33x2cRoZFjwU6_jAcywaFZQ0GitDbUi2zjdJBe-Fj7UMvZbllJMT1rNFJzTWSffGjVJ1kp4G-Akjfpayny0caXD215ie8IYZmFj-T9CjP0kPA8LkV-noKutmD3TdpKgRwsLhXO6HTmIBHZU0UOuYZnRTrT_yBSWA60H8jexB1J4cs

Now onto my question.
Regarding article 230.7; Other Conductors in Raceway or Cable.
Conductors other than service conductors shall not be installed in the same service raceway or service cable in which the service conductors are installed.
Exception No. 1: Grounding electrode conductors or supply side bonding jumpers or conductors shall be permitted within service raceways.

Exception No. 2: Load management control conductors having overcurrent protection shall be permitted within service raceways.

Below is a more detailed layout of the service and proposed use of the meter socket's enclosure as a passthrough to get the backup circuits over the the generator panel. Am I mis-interpreting? Utility line enters the meter from the bottom, load enters the panel from the backside. Proposed runs will passthrough the meter enclosure from the sides.
Thank you all in advance.
y4mWIJhUks5nC9aM9L4O5fJn5lLy_HPK-nX4QzpzprUx9oJitDZXYnvtrAHBLlZyJrOei49J4CJJljoHqm_uNFdiiPVC41PKl6BdIKVRm8t5ciJzmM9Y4nWezMpksPMweh9ksmjeS-ElYg423iOYNLy02b-4JDDi91TWe8jeDStx5YGFKi6GQHWx6C5-nHzTcpl

Status
Not open for further replies.