NEC 314 for junction box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sir,
when i looked into NEC 314.16:Sizing of Pull, Junction, and device boxes, the size of junction box is required. my question is if the junction box is plastic, the size need to be follow table 314.16(A)?
if the junction box is intergrated with luminaire, is NEC requirement is applicable for that?

iwire

Staff member
when i looked into NEC 314.16:Sizing of Pull, Junction, and device boxes, the size of junction box is required. my question is if the junction box is plastic, the size need to be follow table 314.16(A)?

The same rules apply. Keep in mind most plastic boxes are marked with the volume. Read the text of 314.16(A) before assuming you need table 314.16(A).

if the junction box is intergrated with luminaire, is NEC requirement is applicable for that?

Not if it is part of the fixture.

kwired

Electron manager
Hi Sir,
I think Iwire answered the first part, if the J box is integrated with luninaire - you may want to check with luminaire instructions or look for labels in that box. Many junction boxes on recessed lighting are marked with what is acceptable for conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.