Nec. 702.5(B)(2)(a) Automatic Transfer switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding a 200 amp ATS and 20 Kw generator to a existing 200 amp service. Do I use Nec 220.83 to calculate the full load.Like to hear back from contractors and inspectors. FDG

mbeatty

Adding a 200 amp ATS and 20 Kw generator to a existing 200 amp service. Do I use Nec 220.83 to calculate the full load.Like to hear back from contractors and inspectors. FDG

I believe most of our forum, including me, would need to know more information such as the types of loads and whether, or not, they are considered continuous. You can almost never have TMI (Too Much Information). I did say "almost".

Welcome to the forum.

Mark

raider1

Staff member

Yes, you can use 220.83 to calculate the existing load and make sure that the 20 Kw generator is capable of carrying the calculated load or use a load management system to bring the connected load to 20 Kw.

Chris

More Info

More Info

:huh:

More Info: Dwelling service has dish washer 1440 va & disposal 960 va on seperate 20 amp ckts, refrig 1500 va, not on the two small appliance ckts required. Should they be included in load calc when doing Full load calcs for generator? I say Yes! Also would if I had 20x40 work shop being fed with 60amps out of same pnl as dwelling, with a window shacker some receptacles & lights. ??? What method if any would I use calculating for gen. thanks for any input. FDG:happyyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.