Nec compliant way to wire wattstopper relays

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time ive worked with emergency power pack relays. I had to make em work for my journeyman who for some reason couldnt read a diagram but anyways what im womdering is how would i do this and it be code compliant.

The emergency pack has normal sense and cat5e to the switches and the power packs are daisy chained in places where there are 3 ways or emergency power.

What would i need as far as material to keep the normal power from breaking code by being mixed with emergency.

tank728

Occupation
Electrician
What type of wattstopper system? Like lmrc-211 and an elcu?

I'm sure things are laid out in a compliant manner. Especially everything is from a manufacturer.

For example you may have cat 5 switches, but they will connect to a controller and they will be no line voltage on the cat 5 wire

Last edited:
What type of wattstopper system? Like lmrc-211 and an elcu?

I'm sure things are laid out in a compliant manner. Especially everything is from a manufacturer.

For example you may have cat 5 switches, but they will connect to a controller and they will be no line voltage on the cat 5 wire

Its the npp16 series nlight by acuity. Some are er some are not. I understand the cat 5 but its code to not have two seperate panels in the same box how can u have the normal sense wires? Also my JW is trying to put one on every emergency light instead of for the whole row of them that arebon the same SL. I dont understand this they are rated for 16 amps and they cost around 120 a piece why use 3000 extra worth of labor and materials.

tank728

Occupation
Electrician
I'm confident you can use one for a row of fixtures like you suggest. It sounds like you are describing a ul924 listed relay. Which does infact have a normal sensing in with the emergency. There is a section in article 700 that permits this when "manufactured equipment required this" it something to that affect

I'm confident you can use one for a row of fixtures like you suggest. It sounds like you are describing a ul924 listed relay. Which does infact have a normal sensing in with the emergency. There is a section in article 700 that permits this when "manufactured equipment required this" it something to that affect

Thank you two for the reference material. Im just trying not to butt heads but this job is so behind and hes leaving me by myself with no knowledge of anything submitted or how all of this works. Im slowly getting burnt out on 1st years pay. So far ive convinced him this is the right way to do this which he finally got but when i told him we had to have a box and relay set for everytimr the normal power changes circuits he got confused again lmao. Hows this guy make twice as much as me xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.