Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Any code violations here?
MalePlug.jpg

celtic

Re: NEC compliant?

Originally posted by starship:
I know the what, but do not understand the why.
Why ground up?
You asked the question that dare not be asked!
nono.gif

argue.gif
box.gif
hanged.gif

Since you are new here, I suggest you hide under your desk until most of the carnage has passed.

redfish

After it is turned ground up, don't forget to turn the switch right side up(or is it upside down). :p

wbalsam1

I'm surprised I didn't see this device back in the Great Ice Storm in the mid-ninety's. I sure saw a lot of double-male-ended lead cords backfeeding indoor and/or outdoor receptacles connected straight from portable generators.

[ August 06, 2005, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: wbalsam1 ]

electricmanscott

Yeah but what if a paper clip falls and lands accross the two prongs and shorts out or a metal plate was installed and that became loose and that fell too and then........ :p

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC

Is this someone playing games with photo shop??? Sometimes I have a hard time beleiving crazy pictures these days because anyone can make anything look anyway with time in photoshop.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

actually, as long as the prongs are not energized i don't beleive it is a violation.

this is not all that uncommon an installation if you think about it.

normally you only see one male plug at a time done like this, but as long as they are not connected together, there is no reason this could not be a safe way to feed power from a cord into a device.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

Originally posted by starship: I know the what, but do not understand the why. Why ground up?
Please take a look at the FAQ thread within this NEC topic area.

Status
Not open for further replies.