NEC Handbook electronic version

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I had heard once (maybe here) that the 2005 version of the code handbook on CD had some serious flaws, primarily in the way they tried to "protect" it from copying.

Have they worked these out so that it is safe to purchase now? My 1990 handbook is getting a bit long in the tooth and its time for a new one, but I'd like a pdf version rather than a paper version.

plate

Re: NEC Handbook electronic version

Bob,

I have the 2005 handbook on cd, it has worked pretty good so far (about 2 months). I activated by phone versus on line and it worked, with only a minor snag in getting the activation code. It also has the 1999 and 2002 code within also.

Jim

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Re: NEC Handbook electronic version

The NFPA copy protection restrictions that were present in the early release of the CDROM version of the NEC in the Fall of '04, were not present in the NEC Handbook when it came out this Spring.

The CDROM 2005 NEC Handbook includes a .pdf file of the printed NEC. I have that available for use on my PDA (a PocketPC operating system).

Actually, I now have three Codes, '99, '02 & '05 in the PDA. . .for those moments when I just have to get a fix of the Holy Verse. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.