NEC on Kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.

acwservices

Does anyone have the NEC, NFPA70E, or any of the OSHA standards on a Kindle? I have been researching the purchase of a Kindle for this purpose, and I cannot determine if it is possible or not. The info about the Kindle on the Amazon website states that pdf's can be transferred to it, but I'm just not sure. It sure would be nice to carry just one small Kindle vs all of those heavy references!

pete m.

The first call I would make is to NFPA. They should be able to answer this question for you (since they are familiar with the format of their "software")

Pete

cadpoint

I agree with Pete!

Bottom of page, via their search, PDF to Kindle, Kindle is version X...

Not so good for version X and if you've been reading alone here.
NFPA downloads of latest CODE and version X is junk...

v. 9 or maybe 9.4 is working...

I might be totaly wrong about that :) ...

Last edited:

acwservices

The first call I would make is to NFPA. They should be able to answer this question for you (since they are familiar with the format of their "software")

Pete

I have placed two calls to the NFPA Customer Service, and both were a complete waste of time. The first person I talked with had never heard of a Kindle- but she stated I "should" be able to download the NEC to it. The second person I talked with had heard of a Kindle, but had no idea if the NEC could be used on it.

I have purchased the 2011 hard copy, and I also downloaded my free electronic copy that was offered with the book purchase. However, it is adobe reader and not the ordinary pdf, and it is locked down pretty tight- I don't think I will be able to "move" it to a Kindle.

Status
Not open for further replies.