nec-service to above ground pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogo

How close can a circuit breaker panel be to a above ground pool? As it sits right now, triplex ug aluminum #2 is coming from a meter\main. They want a circuit breaker panel out about 40 feet from this metering/main point. And from that they would like to feed the above ground pool and some 240 volt receptacle for a RV. A GFCI breaker will be placed for the pool, with an additional ground rod at the new circuit breaker panel location unless only one ground rod is best and the metering\main point.

charlie

Re: nec-service to above ground pool

I am wondering why a utility guy would be asking that question. I am guessing you have gotten no response because everyone else is thinking the same thing. Basically, I believe they are doing your installation correctly. :confused:

jwelectric

Originally posted by charlie:
I am wondering why a utility guy would be asking that question. I am guessing you have gotten no response because everyone else is thinking the same thing. Basically, I believe they are doing your installation correctly. :)

pogo

Maybe I need to ask it this way, how close can a sub-panel be to an above ground pool? Now for a second question, is driving an additional ground at the sub-panel location, which is some forty (40) feet away from the meter\main the safest design? And yes, the sub-panel is where a GFCI breaker feeding the pool will be located.

pogo

Can anyone please just answer the questions? There's enough negative people/attitudes already in the world, just help me out with a straight answer. This is a help site is it not?
I'll say thank you.

tshea

Can anyone please just answer the questions? There's enough negative people/attitudes already in the world, just help me out with a straight answer. This is a help site is it not?
Check NEC 680 HAs everything you want to know about pools...

pogo

Thank you (tshea) for the direction. And maybe my fuse was burning a little to quick. It started when reading some answers to other peoples questions, and then reading the responses to my questions. That is to say, the constructive criticism on grammar (typing in all capital letters or spelling). Yes, it should be important, but in this forum. Anyway, I apologize if I stepped on any toes. Thanks again (tshea).

iwire

Staff member

I think your question came across as a DIY question and we are not supposed to answer those types of question.

Pools have complicated requirements which if are not followed precisely can easily result in an installation that is lethal to the swimmers.

I think you can understand our hesitation to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.