Need a cover for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark32

Hello,

A customer had, I believe, an intercom at one time and now wants to cover up the box that resides in an outside wall. From screw to screw the distance is 4 7/8". Outer dimensions are 4 5/16 x 5 7/8". I've looked in the usual places but can't find anything that will work, any ideas?

Attachments

• photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 0

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
A small piece of aluminum, a drill and bit, and some silicone is all I can come up with

kwired

Electron manager
Fill it with mortar, or even cut a brick to fit in there if the right one is available, but that means you lost the job as an electrician, but you still get to verify it is safe to do such a thing.:happyyes:

renosteinke

Any HVAC contractor can cut you a piece just the right size. "Terra Cotta" spray paint will make a close enough match.

Lay a small bead of clear Lexel caulk around the rim, screw down the cover, and you're good to go.

Oh .... and get one of those big Halloween spiders to place inside ....

mark32

Thanks guys for the great ideas. I just got an email from the customer, she's going to cover this cover with a plaque of some sort so it's not too critical what it's going to look like. I just picked up a piece of aluminum so I'll cut it to size, squeeze some rtv on it and throw in a big Halloween spider before screwing into place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.