Need help with H7IC, Trim, and lamp selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mule

Greetings, and Happy Thanksgiving to all !! We have installed H7IC Halo cans for a customers remodel and now he wants a baffled trim AND the lamp not to potrude. We installed the baffled trims..I've tried R30 lamps and the diameter doesnt look right with the baffled trim, then I went to a R40 and the diameter looks better but the lamps hang too low. The sockets are adjusted as high as they will go.....What's the fix? THANKS :)

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Greetings, and Happy Thanksgiving to all !! We have installed H7IC Halo cans for a customers remodel and now he wants a baffled trim AND the lamp not to potrude. We installed the baffled trims..I've tried R30 lamps and the diameter doesnt look right with the baffled trim, then I went to a R40 and the diameter looks better but the lamps hang too low. The sockets are adjusted as high as they will go.....What's the fix? THANKS :)
Maybe not in R40, but I have seen long neck, standard neck and short neck R30 bulbs. You may be able to find a special purpose bulb that will work for your application.
Are these halogen or CFL? You can often get LED R style lamps with a relatively short neck.
You may also be able to get more aesthetically satisfactory results with an eyeball trim even if you do not need to aim the lamps.

Riograndeelectric

I know in the PAR 30 Halogen they make a short neck bulb.

I always use the Halo H5IC cans (5") as the R30 bulbs have a tighter fit (not as much space around the bulb) in the trims than the 6" cans.

I am not sure if an R40 or PAR 40 are listed for H7IC cans?

Last edited:

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
What trim are you using? For a R30/PAR30 you should be using the 310.

I have never seen R/BR lamps with different neck lengths. PAR30 lamps are available with standard (short) neck or long neck. The long neck lamps are the same length as the R30 lamp.

Mule

I offered a LED fix, or a standard open trim for the customer and declined. He stayed with the baffle trim he wanted and R40's. Look's horrible to me, but oh well

mike7330

What trim are you using? For a R30/PAR30 you should be using the 310.

I have never seen R/BR lamps with different neck lengths. PAR30 lamps are available with standard (short) neck or long neck. The long neck lamps are the same length as the R30 lamp.

Curt is correct short neck par 30, Lightolier has the deeper can so the lamp is recessed up in the trim.
Maybe there's something else that some can recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.