Need some help in single phase range on a 3 phase system calculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depick

I've been working on multi family dwelling calculations in prep for an exam and I'm currently stumped or missing something when it comes to single phase cooking equipment on a three phase service. Im lost when it comes to determining the maximum number of cooking equipment connected between any two phases. I'm ok with the rest of 220.55 so if anyone could shine some light on this topic I would be extremely grateful.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I've been working on multi family dwelling calculations in prep for an exam and I'm currently stumped or missing something when it comes to single phase cooking equipment on a three phase service. Im lost when it comes to determining the maximum number of cooking equipment connected between any two phases. I'm ok with the rest of 220.55 so if anyone could shine some light on this topic I would be extremely grateful.
Welcome! :thumbsup:

If you balance as best possible...

1 range = 1 is the maximum number between any two phases (technically that should be "lines")
2 ranges = 1
3 ranges = 1
4 ranges = 2
5 ranges = 2
6 ranges = 2
7 ranges = 3
...and so on

Basically just divide the number of ranges by 3 and add 1 if there's a remainder.

If the ranges are connected unbalanced, simply count the number connected to line pairings (AB, BC, and CA) and use the number for the pairing having the greatest number connected between them.

Depick

Welcome! :thumbsup:

If you balance as best possible...

1 range = 1 is the maximum number between any two phases (technically that should be "lines")
2 ranges = 1
3 ranges = 1
4 ranges = 2
5 ranges = 2
6 ranges = 2
7 ranges = 3
...and so on

Basically just divide the number of ranges by 3 and add 1 if there's a remainder.

If the ranges are connected unbalanced, simply count the number connected to line pairings (AB, BC, and CA) and use the number for the pairing having the greatest number connected between them.
Thanks! Math is definitely a weakness for me so your help is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.