Need some Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelec

I have a client who wishes to add a couple of cameras on a very remote building we plan to use a network Wi-Fi extender that can send the signal over a mile for the network is it practical and somewhat cost effective to be able to run a small surveillance system off of solar only by surveillance guy is telling me that he only needs a 20 amp dedicated circuit or equivalent I don't do much solar and I'm not sure if that's even possible

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

synchro

Occupation
EE
Do the cameras and Wi-Fi equipment work off of a DC supply? If so, then solar that charges battery storage could be an option.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Goin’ Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC
Sure.

You could run an entire commercial building off solar.

Probably going to need an inverter. A good quality one, not a cheap modified sine wave.

Electronics don’t play well with modified sine wave.

nickelec

How big of an array , were trying to figure out if the cost of the solar hook up would be practical enough to implement

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
For example if it is really 16A continuous that would be 91kwh a day, you'd need a 20-30kW solar system with batteries, which would cost over $100k. However I wouldn't be surprised if the equipment actually consumes 10-100 times less than that, in which case the cost would be in the low thousands or possibly hundreds of dollars. So you can't just guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.