Need to know the name of this fitting for grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
Hi I would like to know what the fitting is called where it bonds the conduit to the ground bus, see picture. It looks brown and around the end of the conduit. Is there another approved method that we can do to achieve the same function?

0.png

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
These are better:

apizdgnh2__41148.1602103870.jpg

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
So basically I can pull extra wire out past the screw and connect to ground bus as long as the screw is in contact with the exposed conductor?
Yes. The specific requirement is that the conductor and the conduit are bonded at both ends.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
So basically I can pull extra wire out past the screw and connect to ground bus as long as the screw is in contact with the exposed conductor?
Correct, as Larry stated the GEC needs to be bonded to the metal raceway when it leaves the raceway and hit the free air.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
What fitting would you use for the inside of an enclosure, say a disconnect or transformer? With large GEC, I find MIGB to not be as aesthetically pleasing.
We use the same fitting on both ends. For entry into a box or transformer we might remove the mounting hole portion with a band saw.

Tulsa Electrician

Occupation
Electrician
They make several different types
So the one with no set screw or clamp at exit point for the wire has to bolt to the buss then the wire passing tru to a lug on on same buss.
Hi I would like to know what the fitting is called where it bonds the conduit to the ground bus, see picture. It looks brown and around the end of the conduit. Is there another approved method that we can do to achieve the same function?

View attachment 2564279
Several good ways to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.