Need to remove section of PVC without cutting wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleman

Interesting endeavor, I hope you come back and tell us how it went.

I will do that. Hopefully it will look good. I have to get it done this week maybe tomorrow. This is one of those jobs that I
know will get done but the methods are still a bit in question. There is some risk too. If I damage the cabling it would definitely not be a good thing.

Nylon string will cut PVC? That's a trip. I know jet line will put nasty grooves in plastic pipe while pulling so I can see that it is
possible. I think the jet line is polypropylene, but not sure.

Aleman

If anyone is interested, I did the job with the laminate trimmer. Cut deep enough so I could pop the blank out with a screwdriver.
Ended picking a less crowded spot on the rack, so it wasn't too bad. Not the straightest cuts but I freehanded it. I will be able to pull cables
down to new rack from the cutout. Will have new cable chase installed for the vertical run. Thanks for everyone's input.

cutout1.jpg cutout2.jpg

cmaki

I'm kind of a hammer mechanic but have you thought about cutting both ends and then using something heavy on the back side and hitting it with a dead blow? PVC can shatter pretty good. I would only worry about breaking an airline but those are easily cut and reinstalled using unions.

Status
Not open for further replies.