Nema 4 digital amp meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdjs

Looking for a digital nema 4 amp panel meter for a dry fertilizer unload conveyor motor 5HP 480 volt,this is located outside by the conveyor,they have to watch the load when a truck might unload to fast.Would like to install a pvc enclosure.Know of any good brands that would work?

Last edited:

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Looking for a digital nema 4 amp panel meter for a dry fertilizer unload conveyor motor 5HP 480 volt,this is located outside by the conveyor,they have to watch the load when a truck might unload to fast.Would like to install a pvc enclosure.Know of any good brands that would work?

I wouldn't trust it even if you find one. The plastic lens is going to degrade in the sun anyway, so it's toast in under a year. What I would do is use a basic meter with the size and brightness of display that I need, then put it in a clear cover enclosure by mounting it to an inner door or use a glass window rated NEMA 4. That way even if the clear cover eventually gets cloudy, you just replace that, not the whole meter.

Open Neutral

Occupation
Engineer
WhatJraefSaid....

But I would be concerned about readability. It will be hard to find but how about an analog meter, say 6" or more?

Or find a LCD bargraph display of good size and use it.

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
It has always been my experience that some type of alarm works much better than a meter in these applications. I'm thinking theu have some kind of pit where the trucks dump, and then the conveyor picks up from there? There is nothing like an audible warning horn to get the driver's attention. They never watch a meter.

Just curious, are these some kind of live bottom trailers or walking floors?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.