NetAXS Access Control Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

madekio

I Have a Honeywell NetAXS4 system with Honeywell OP30HONR prox readers, does anyone know of any other keyfob options available other then the honeywell PX-KEY (34 bit prox keyfob) that will work with this system, HID, generic keyfob, etc? Thank you in advance for your help.

GrayHair

You can order 34-bit cards/fobs from about any HID distributor, but Honeywell probably buys 10,000 or more at a time and gets commensurate pricing, so if you're looking for a deal, you may not find it. At a minimum you'll need the Facility ID and the Starting ID Number to place an order. You might want to send a working card or fob to a card vendor and let them get the information from it. They are all over the Web.

For a price, big corporate accounts and manufacturers can "buy" a Facility ID that a card manufacturer won't sell to anyone else. If this is what Honeywell has done, your only source may be Honeywell.

Good luck!!

madekio

Are their compatible cards?

Are their compatible cards?

I believe that in the programming of the NETAXS panel the bit rate and other info is able to be modified? does anyone have any experience using fobs other then the Honeywell PXkey they could recommend? there are many options out their but would like to know other professionals opinions/experience? we are using omniprox weigand readers and I have many extra HID 1346LNSM from other site installs (other manufacturers systems..) wondering if they are compatible? Thank you..

GrayHair

Read the NetAXS Access User’s Guide, February 2016, manual associated with Table 6: Configuration > Doors > Reader > Card Format Fields . Then take a small sample of fobs you want to use to the site, read them and then look at the history for that reader. From the manual: "Any cards swiped with formats that do not match the Available format(s) are then reported as an Invalid Format event."

While I'm not familiar with this product, if the fobs use a format valid in the NetAXS system, I'd see no reason you shouldn't be able to use them. The easiest way to find out is to test them as described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.