Neutral line posts facing outward at outlets, is this dangerous? What would it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Retired
As I mentioned yesterday in the post where I asked for help, I am faced with these outward facing n line posts of the blue wire.
My understanding since early life was not to touch the electric outlet insides because it can be dangerous.

What situation would it take for this N line to get somebody? A Surge at the same time they are touching water and touching the n line post?
This can't possibly be a 100 percent safe situation as I heard in here the electrons know which way to go?

I figure they must think the dangerous part is the ground post on the cable of the device or equipment. That is why they do this this way and not the way I was knowing before in USA. Is this because of the type of configuration of their electrical system being the 220 rather than the 130? Purely for my scientific purposes I am not looking up?

Last edited:
Occupation
Retired
I'm not looking up. But I mean I could look it up but I was not going to do that until I forgot the V amounts. Apparently 50 Hz is better for efficiency of distribution. I don't know. (Get it together USA?:alien:) I don't know I feel like it's not a very commonly explored question.

So what difference between these system configurations would merit a total difference in the type of ground post (on the wall vs on the device?)

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrical Engineer
We closed yesterday's question for the same reason I am closing this one. We are not allowed to assist a person who is not an electrician to perform their own electrical installation work. Please look for assistance elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.