Nevada Electrical Contractors license


I was looking at getting my Nevada license a few years ago, I thought I read that they had no reciprocity with any State for an Electrical or Plumbing license, it got put on the back burner for a couple of reasons. Revisiting that yesterday, I saw they had reciprocity with CA and UT for the trade exam. I would still need to fill out the application and take take the Business Law test. Does someone know if this is the case? I have found both versions om the internet, Reciprocity for the trade, and no reciprocity at all.


Power System Engineer
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Licensed Electrical Engineer, Licensed Electrical Contractor, Certified Master Electrician
I realize this is an old thread, but yes you would be required to take the CMS exam. Construction laws are different state to state and you would need to prove you know the rules. Worst case you could use your knowledge/experience with having a license in another state, to satisfy the experience requirement.