new business trying get insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooreaaryan

Occupation
Electrician
I have been trying to purchase insurance however no carrier so far has been able to provide even a quote yet. I will be working with 480v, have a f150 with service bed, 1 employee? Has anyone else had issues getting their insurance like this?

Buck Parrish

I can remember being snubbed by a smaller firm. But it didn't take long to find a good one. Their are plenty that'll take you if you're licensed. I don't remember giving voltages. Just that I'm a Licensed Electrical Contractor . I wouldn't give a lot of details unless asked.

Teaser2

Occupation
Electrician/EE
My local agency has been shopping for me as we speak and was not concerned about not being able to get me a coverage. I have asked to have a coverage that will include several states. Keep you posted.

Todd0x1

Check out three by berkshire. I have used them a couple different times, including a busienss with a contractor license, and had a good experience. I wouldn't use them for anything complicated or high risk, but for run of the mill business coverage they seem ok.

Teaser2

Occupation
Electrician/EE
I have been trying to purchase insurance however no carrier so far has been able to provide even a quote yet. I will be working with 480v, have a f150 with service bed, 1 employee? Has anyone else had issues getting their insurance like this?
Were you able to get your insurance coverage? I have got mine from the Hartford via my local insurance agency.

Yeah hard to believe someone would have trouble getting a quote. My last insurance company jacked up my rates (for no reason) and I got pissed and dumped them
Went online and did some insurance quote thing and I got like a zillion quotes. Ended up going with biberk (Berkshire Hathaway).

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
Took like 15 min to get gen business liability when I started. Comercial vehicle took like an hour bit shopping around saved some money. California is a crazy place though so maybe it's harder there workers comp is harder there than here where its a state fund or self insurance not 3rd party.

Status
Not open for further replies.