New construction with RV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcdudley

New User
Occupation
IT contractor
I am trying to figure out the best way to setup wiring for a project. There will be power coming about 125’ up from the road to an RV pedestal that will have a 50 amp, 30 amp and 20 amp outlet. From there it will make a right and go about 100’ over to a 200amp panel. The 200 amp will come some months after the RV pedestal.

Ideally, I would have service go to the 200 amp panel first and feed the RV panel from that. Some thoughts I have had are to pull enough cable to the RV panel to go all the way to the 200 amp panel and just coil it up and save it till needed. The cable would be larger than needed for the RV panel.
Another thought was to run the correct size cable to the RV from the street, then once the 200 amp panel is in, pull the RV cable back and rerun it, but that seems wasteful and lots of extra work.

What is the correct way to do this?

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum’s rules.

This site is designed for:

Contractors
Electricians
Engineers
Inspectors
Instructors

This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries.

Forum rules prohibit us from assisting a person to perform or assist others to do electrical work who are not qualified. The reason is that the forum’s owner does not want a person to get an answer to the question they asked, but not get answers to the other questions they should have asked and were unaware they needed to ask. Mike Holt Enterprises and the Moderators of this Forum do not wish to place you and your family in danger, by allowing others to give you too little information to ensure that the installation is safe

Status
Not open for further replies.